Sparkle and Charm

Sunday, December 04, 2005

A fun and profitable day at the fair

Yesterday I sold my jewelry at the Christopher Dunne Foundation Craft Fair in Wakefield. The organizers could not have been more accomodating, and my booth was situated right next to the free coffee and cookies booth. What could be better? George helped me set up and I was there from 8 until 4 and sold quite a lot of jewelry while I was there.

People seem to be amazed at my crocheted necklaces, and once they see them, they come back around to buy one or two. I also sold bracelets and a lot of earrings. I sold two pair of stunning chandelier earrings and some of my "berry" earrings in Christmas colors. It was a fun day and I really enjoy meeting and talking to customers and visitors alike.

Last night I was pretty tired from being on my feet all day, but not so tired that I couldn't make another necklace. I made the one pictured with green glass and little nuggets of red rock with a smattering of gold glass mixed in for a light touch. It is finished with a solid silver toggle clasp, and is very elegant.

I love making these crocheted necklaces, and no one else seems to be making them...or at least not many of us. It is sheer joy to share them with others and have a good day at the craft fair.

Now, come on Ebay!!

Have a great day!