Sparkle and Charm

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Semi-precious stones

Lately I have been concentrating on using semi-precious stones for my jewelry and using sterling silver wire. I have about 30 pairs of earrings made and ready for the Medford Arts Fair on September 10th. The stones I use are carnelian, jade, amazonite, agate, quartz and turquoise, as well as a few others. Using sterling silver wire and ear loops makes the process a little more expensive, but the end result is really nice.

My first love is still Swarvowski crystals, and I am always eager to add one or two of those to the earrings. Unfortunately, not everyone is quite so in love with sparkle as I am, so I have to "throttle back" a little sometimes and leave them off. I'm taking a class next week in chandelier earrings to get more ideas. I can't think of anything I'd rather do right now that make beautiful jewelry.